Our team of pediatric occupational and Physical therapists at Skills Builders are committed to help children gain independence and promote development of fine motor skills, sensory motor skills, and visual motor skills that children need to function and socialize in their home, school, play, and community environments.
Some other areas of focus may include helping children improve abstract reasoning, problem-solving, decision-making, and perceptual skills, as well as memory, sequencing, and motor planning.
In the case of an injury or debilitating illness, our services focus on rehabilitating children, allowing them to return to their daily routines at their highest level of function.
At Skills Builders our highly trained Occupational and Physical therapists evaluate and treat children from birth to 21 years of age with a variety of diagnoses that may include:
- Autism related disorders
- Sensory-motor disorders
- Upper extremity (shoulder, arm and hand) injuries
- ADD/ADHD -Developmental disabilities
- Down Syndrome and other genetic diagnoses
- Cerebral Palsy and other neurological diagnoses
- Traumatic brain injury
- Delays in fine motor and visual motor skills directly affecting academic performance and activities of daily living (ADLs)